Thursday, May 3, 2007

Sunday, April 29 - Wednesday, May 2 Remaining days in Jiangxi

Sunday we went to visit Sissi's daughter's school. The first grade visit was quite chaotic.
The children were overexcited and pretty much out of control. The third grade visit was better. It was music time. The children sang some beautiful songs for us. We were glad for the experience, however, I left thinking there was NO way I could ever put my kids in a school like that! Later that evening Sissi took me out shopping. I'm talking real, China street market shopping. I have always wanted to do this. Dwain kept the kids and took them swimming, thanks sweetie! It was starting to get pretty crowded for the holiday. I found Jonathan some cute leather shoes for about $4, I also got the girls some hair clips. You could pretty much buy whatever you needed there.
Monday we stayed around the hotel until after naps. The computer cord arrived and Dwain needed to do some work. I took the kids out to the playground for a while. After naps Sissi and her daughter met us. We took Sarah Hope to have her nails done. We had promised her we would. She was so excited. It ended up all the girls had theirs done. This was Sissi's daughters first time. Her school won't allow fingernail polish or any type of jewelry. The girls had a blast. After that we went back to the hotel and played.
Tuesday we went to Sissi's home and visited with her family,(her parents, husband, and daughter). Her Daddy had also cooked a great meal for us. The girls really enjoyed their time with XianXian, her daughter. That evening they met us across the road from our hotel. Every evening they have a musical fountain show. It was very crowed because of the holiday.
Wednesday morning I went out with Sissi for one final shopping trip. We went to porcelion road. Jiangxi is known for this beautiful artwork. We went to a few shops and then returned to finish packing. We left Jiangxi at 3:30 that afternoon. We had a great week here and take so many precious memories with us. I am always a little sad when we leave the girls' hometowns. I just wish their birthparents could see them and know they are loved and happy.
Our flight was 2 hours, all went well. We are glad to be "home" in our apartment. Sunny, our friend we met 5 years ago, comes tomorrow. She will be staying with us a few days.

No comments: